Discussion Forums

Facebook as a requirement?!

5 replies [Last post]
Jens
Jens's picture

Hello there,
first of all let me say that I'm really happy to see setiquest launching.

What I don't understand is, why obviously people cannot use the setiquest explorer without facebook. Was or is it really neccessary to tie these together? I know that I maybe one of the few people who doesn't like these new social networks, but certainly not the only one. I mean, it definitely is good that you use the social networks, so the quest will become more popular. I just think, that people shouldn't have to use these networks in order to participate in this program.

Best regards
Jens

Best regards
Jens

avinash
Thanks Jens. We hear you and

Thanks Jens. We hear you and many others loud and clear. We are chaging the software. Stay tuned. We will soon announce an update that includes other login mechanisms.

Thanks for voicing your opinions.

griffin
i agree

I totally agree with jen, the wife loves them, but i also hate those types of social networks.Cant wait till the log in facility is available on this home page.

avinash
setiQuest explorer now has

setiQuest explorer now has another authentication mechanism - Google. If you have a Google account, then Facebook login is no longer necessary.

setiQuest homepage has a different login mechanism - and it uses private login, Facebook, and OpenId. We will synchronize the two (setiQuest homepage and Explorer), but for now it was important that we address the immediate issue of an alternative to Facebook.

Jens
Jens's picture
Thanks a lot for this

Thanks a lot for this improvement. I registered for the beta both with a fake facebook-account and my normal eMail-address - hope this won't cause any trouble?! Cannot wait to see/use the Explorer :)

Best regards
Jens

Best regards
Jens

khrm
Thanks. As I too avoid

Thanks. As I too avoid facebook due to privacy concern.