Discussion Forums

I want to be a citizen scientist.

6 replies [Last post]
Penusferatu

Everything that I have read on the site has made me extremely interested in this. However, I have no experience in any field even remotely close to anything relevent. But I want to be a part of this for sure. How can I get started? What do I need to get started? What exactly would I be doing?

avinash
Thanks for raising the issue.

Thanks for raising the issue. Based on exactly the kind of feedback you are providing, we have changed the website. This week we will launch the new website, and an applicaiton within it, to allow citizen scientists to participate.

Penusferatu
Cool. Thank you.

Cool. Thank you.

avinash
The new website is launched,

The new website is launched, and we are collecting a list of people who are interested in signing up to be part of the initial beta program. Please sign up through the homepage (tab 3 in the main panel).

griffin
hi people , thanks avinash

hi people , thanks avinash you just answered a question ive been trying to find the answer too. cant wait to get the new application you mentioned so i can get started.

sadie
The human brain is better at

The human brain is better at identifying visual patterns than any computer. We want to harness that power through the development of software that can transform any interested person into a citizen scientist. The setiQuest program is split into discrete projects each requiring the active participation of humans of a broad range of scientific and engineering abilities including citizen scientists, game designers & open-source programmers. Over the coming weeks on this site you will discover projects that you can sign up for and be an active part of the greatest discovery ever. 

avinash
Thanks Sadie. The list of

Thanks Sadie. The list of project ideas is available today. As new projects and ideas come up, we will add them to the list.