Discussion Forums

Question on Acer Iconia A500 Tablet

1 reply [Last post]
avinash

I have tested setiQuest explorer only on a PC, Mac and Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nexus 1 phone. Last week I acquired the newly released Acer Iconia A500 tablet. It is sleek, and web-browsing experience on it is very good.
... but I can't download setiQuest explorer to it. In fact, I can't download any other app either. Download does start, but never completes. I started explorer on the 26th of April. On the 29th, it was still downloading. Obviously, there is something wrong. Their user manual did not provide any guidance. I called their support number. Unfortunately, in order to get in, I need to speak an 11 digit code on the phone. Their system does not recognize my accent, and my attemptes were rebuffed three times, after which I gave up. The Store I bought it from - Best Buy - asked me to bring it in, but there was no on there who knew anything about it.
So, I am about ready to return it. Unless, of course, someone here can give me advice on how to use it. I suspect it is a small configuration issue, but I just don't know how to deal with it.
Thanks.
Avinash

avinash
An update on this issue. With

An update on this issue. With Jon Richards's help I finally did get into their support system.

The person who answered told me that he did not know about the problem I was facing, so he could not help me. But, he did have a helpful suggestion - I could go to the next level of support where I would have to pay money. I could not believe it - my device is less than one week old, and they want me to pay $ to get it to work.

This product is going back tomorrow.