Talk:SonATA Porting Status

From setiquest wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Back to project page

Build the meta-package that installs all the dependencies needed to build and run the Setiquest SonATA. Also thinking about creating two scripts and changing from the simple meta-package to package that install script which automates many of the build processes.KHRM 10:10, 23 May 2011 (PDT)


Now the Install the packages necessary to build and run SonATA will be start this:

Adding the necessary repositories if you have not added it:

sudo zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.3/repo/non-oss non-oss
sudo zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/libs/openSUSE_11.3/Multimedia_Libs

Installing the necessary packages:

sudo zypper install http://location of the package.

Also I am thinking adding the script to the above package so that "Download extra libraries and data " and "Prepare the several files" steps can be automated. I will do this tomorrow.

KHRM 11:03, 23 May 2011 (PDT)
I have added the installation of meta-package part in the script itself.KHRM 14:54, 25 May 2011 (PDT)

I have build the script and arrive at a solution that checks for cpu and ram. Tomorrow I will upload all the progress to github.KHRM 15:08, 24 May 2011 (PDT) I have made following changes:

I have sync all the progress with github. I have improved the script. Tomorrow I will tackle CPU and ram problem. Current solution that I have arrived at it is by using /proc/cpuinfo and /proc/meminfo.KHRM 14:51, 25 May 2011 (PDT)

I have solved the cpu and ram issue ( for linux). Checked it out here (41-79) :https://github.com/khrm/SonATA/blob/gsoc/sse-pkg/reconfig . I have also added it to the sig-pkg/config.

(I forgot to add time stamp above) Now that check is present in its own script. I am going to integrate it in the top source directory configure. Also I have completed building the top source configure and make. Gointo post it morrow after formatting it. Currently it is not in good shape.KHRM 17:28, 28 May 2011 (PDT)

I have finished the work on improving the build system. I am going to create some documentations.KHRM 16:12, 10 June 2011 (PDT)

I was working on adding another feature (deepnesting).KHRM 09:23, 14 June 2011 (PDT)

I have made following changes:

  1. I have changed the Makefile.am of ifc,tsig of sse-pkg and all the Makefile.am of sigpkg excluding filter and include directories to enable VPATH builds.
  2. I have changed the configure.in of CppUnit to disable shared library by default and tclreadline to change the tclreadline default prefix. I have also changed many of the configure.in file to update and bring uniformity. I have named all the updated file to configure.ac.
  3. I have rechanged the Makefile.am of sig-pkg directories to enable the deepnesting feature ( more about this feature in documentation which I have been writing).
  4. I have updated the configure.in ( renamed to ac) of sse-pkg to include some checks for libraries and functions.KHRM 09:23, 14 June 2011 (PDT)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox