From setiquest wiki
Revision as of 18:43, 13 May 2011 by SigBlips
General Guidelines for setiQuest Open Source Projects
- Staged delivery.
- Radical transparency.
- Quality consciousness.
- Open development.
- Following processes sets common expectations.
Project/Feature Planning and Delivery
- Understand what is to be done.
- Define what you are doing about it.
- Create/modify architecture, high-level-design, rough plan.
- Define number of stages, and what is to be achieved in each stage.
- Project wiki for documenting all decisions, features etc.
- Feel free to add and link new pages for new issues.
- Talk page on wiki for all discussions related to that page.
- Please follow our wiki editing policies.
- All bugs in http://issues.setiquest.org. Ask if you need a new project.
- Major changes only after #setiQuest IRC discussion.
- Unit test.
- Code tracing.
- Technical review - architecture design, code.
- Post-integration testing.
- All code on GitHub.
Other Process Steps
- Follow Coding Standards.
- Record the amount of effort on each task, to benefit those who come after you.
- Easier to record effort if tasks are 0/1 (unless it is 100% done, consider it 0% done).
- Document - both in-line, in the wiki, and if needed, external.